Systems Engineer - Application Performance Monitoring
Column’s DevOps practice is continuing to grow at a rapid pace, and there is an immediate need for junior and mid-level engineers to assist with Presales, Training and Implementation effort for the AppDynamics solution. If interested, please review the job description and skills outlined as follows.
- Good Communication Skills and ability to work on own or within a team
- Good understanding and usage of programming languages and scripting such as: Java, Java Script, .NET, Node.js, PHP, C, C++.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and familiar with Windows OS: Linux Red Hat, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, CentOS, Ubuntu
- Database knowledge such as: Hadoop, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL 2008/2012
- APM Knowledge is a Plus: AppDynamics, New Relic, Dynatrace etc.
- Web Servers: Jakarta Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, IIS
- Virtual: VMware, IBM-HMC, Solaris Zones
- Cloud: AWS \ Azure \ Google Cloud \ OpenStack
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Networking: TCP/IP, Ethernet, Token Ring, FTP, SSH & Firewalls
- Desire to travel at least 50% of the time – our team travels to cities like Washington DC, Baltimore, San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, etc., to work with our client’s IT teams to do software implementations, upgrades, etc.
We don't expect a candidate to have all these skills, but a basic grasp and an understanding of UNIX, Programming, Networking and databases are what we are looking for.
- Presales Demo and Proof of Value for prospective customers.
- Conduct AppDynamics Requirements Analysis sessions and customer workshops
- Installation and configuration AppDynamics solution
- Implement integration points to third party solutions
- Teach AppDynamics using provided or custom syllabus
- A four-year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
- Good Communication Skills and ability to work on their own or within a team
- Knowledge of Agile methods would be a nice to have
Health BCBS, Dental, Vison, 401k with match, Phone and Internet Allowance, 15 Days PTO first year, Top Notch Training, Growth, and great company culture!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran